Browning B725 Sporter Review

One of Browning’s finest.

As said by Browning itself, “The new Browning B725 is an aesthetic and technical revolution in Over and Under shotguns”. They have used their knowledge based on the B25 and the legendary B525 to accomplish the design and features to achieve one of the most outstanding over-and-under shotguns on the market.

We asked a few of our associates to help review this gun purely for those who are interested in learning more about this particular gun but primarily for those looking to purchase one of these models.

In order to give you the best possible information we could about this gun, we questioned the experts for their feedback.

Browning B725 Sporter Review

Specifications

Make – Browning

Mech – Over & Under

License – Shotgun

Barrel Length – 32”

Chokes – Multi & Multi

Model – B725 Sporter

Calibre – 12 Gauge

Condition – New

Orientation – Right-handed

Stock Length – 14 ¾ “

browning b725 sporter 
sporting shotguns 
browning shotguns for sale 
browning shotguns 
browning 
shotguns for sale 
guns for sale
gun reviews 
guns

Dealer Feedback

Craig – Gunroom Manager at Barbury Shooting School

The Browning 725 Sporter ticks all the boxes for the perfect starter clay gun, it has the mechanics and the engineering to take its new owner from starter clay shot to hold their own on the registered circuit.

The palm swell gives this gun that slightly more ‘Tailor made’ feel straight out of the box and is available right or left-handed with 30 or 32” barrels.

The 725 action itself needs very little introduction, its mechanical triggers make it super reliable, and it is offered in various engraving styles and finishes. This gun features a very strong and reliable action that was built by one of the most well-known gun manufacturers in the industry, Miroku. With this model, Browning has continued to preserve some of its greatest features from their previous models such as the B325, B425, and B525 with very minor changes along the way.

Gunsmith Feedback

Tom – Gunsmith at J Roberts & Son (Gunmakers) LTD

What are the three main things that tend to go wrong with these guns?

The firing pins corrode quite quickly, which can lead to a weak strike, often at the same time the main springs can lose some oomph, so I tend to change them at the same time. The ejectors have little lugs to stop them from flying forward on ejection they often break off or rotate out.

Also, the bottom-firing pins often get much more crowded up and can create a light strike on the cartridge.

What should a buyer look for when looking at this gun?

Brownings often feel loose after a lot of use, if they feel like there’s absolutely no resistance to opening and closing the gun, it will need tightening in the not-so-distant future.

I’d also add that where the barrel drops into the action, it’s a sign it’s been not well cared for is lots of scratching and dents. Also, to note the condition of the firing pins if they have pits, they may need replacing.

What’s the most common repair or work that you do on them?

Replacement firing pins and main springs. And I tend to free up the bottom firing pin from rust, dirt, and old oil.

What is your overall opinion on the design and mechanisms that make this gun?

They are very good, they stand the test of time very well with 1 yearly or so maintenance, as some of the internals are quite tricky to remove, clean, and re-lubricate if neglected.

They feel robust, are solidly built, and come in a variety of styles and models to suit your own tastes.

What advice would you give to buyers looking to buy this gun? Or people that may have one in their cabinet?

Make sure the gun isn’t too heavy for you, some people struggle with their weight of them, but there are lightweight models which are also very practical.

Don’t be deterred if the heel plate is ‘sharp’ and uncomfortable a soft pad will soon remedy any discomfort.

Brownings hold their price well and are still a popular choice for the beginner but also a perfect upgrade choice.

Shooter Feedback

Ben McDonald

What made you purchase this gun?

I was looking to upgrade my previous shotgun ATA SP after trying a few of my friend’s guns (The Beretta 694, The Caesar Guerini Apex, Blaser F3, and The Browning 325) I liked the look and feel of the Browning action even when an older model, I already owned a Browning Maxus semi-auto as my Pigeon/Field Gun.

What did you like about the overall design, feel, and build of the gun?

The mid-bead is a great touch on the matte barrels, the shape, and feel of the grip suit my hands well, and the adjustable comb is easy to adjust with the single allen key through the recoil pad. The extended chokes are as standard. The action is a real positive feel and sounds close. You also have the option to add the pro balance weights etc if needed.

How would you describe the overall feeling when shooting the gun?

Overall, it’s very smooth, not the heaviest compared to some on the market. Although it doesn’t come with the weight system, if the balance doesn’t suit you can add it, there is a cut out for it in the stock, and with the comb adjusted it’s very comfortable.

What would you recommend people keep on top of maintenance-wise with this gun in particular?

I can’t say specifics on the 725 yet, but the additional moving parts in the lower part of the action where the fore-end comes in could be easily forgotten when oiling.

More Shooter Feedback

@Ben_shooting21

Ben said, “I have the browning 725 black edition which is very similar to the 725 sporter, it’s the best gun I’ve ever brought very comfortable to shoot and very reliable as well. Worth every penny”.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.