Miroku MK11 Review

One of Guntrader’s many favourites!

On this week’s agenda is one of our many favourites, the MK11. Miroku’s MK11 offers the lower action profile of the Browning 725 with the additional 525-barrel setup, this features the inertia trigger system that ensures reliability and durability which is all you could ask for when stood on peg. Miroku has also given us the added benefit of building this gun with a beautifully engraved side plate that is accompanied by some lovely woodwork. I think it’s safe to say this model is a real head-turner. This beauty was photographed at Purdey at the Royal Berkshire gunroom.

Specifications

Make – Miroku

Model – MK11

Mech – Over & Under

License – Shotgun

Barrel Length – 30”

Chokes – Multi & Multi

Calibre – 12 Gauge

Condition – New

Orientation – Right-Handed

Stock Length – 14 3/4”

Miroku MK11 Review

Dealer Feedback

Alastair – Gunroom Manager at Purdey at the Royal Berkshire Gunroom

The MK11 marks the return of a side-plated version of Miroku that has been missing from the range for a while.

Miroku has a very loyal following due to its reliability over the years. Factors that separate it from the normal range are that it is fitted with well-proportioned side plates which are tastefully engraved with scroll and game scenes of pheasant and partridge. It is fitted with a high-grade, oil-finished Turkish walnut stock that is normally the preserve of Browning.

miroku mk11
mk11
miroku shotguns for sale
shotguns for sale 
guns for sale 
gun reviews 
over and under shotguns
shotguns 
guns

Tom – Gunsmith at J. Roberts & Son Gunmakers

What are the three main things that tend to go wrong with these guns?

The adjustable triggers coming loose are common, they slide back and sometimes stop the second shot to be pulled. The game model doesn’t have these I believe. Much like the Browning the bottom of the firing pin gets pitted and fails to strike the cartridge primer hard enough after lots of use. The main springs getting sluggish and not having enough power to strike the primer hard enough.

What should a buyer look for when looking at this gun?

A buyer should always look for pitted firing pins and on the side, plate models there are no hairline cracks are Lund side plates.

What’s the most common repair or work that you do on them?

We tend to carry out work to replace the firing pins and main springs after a good few years.
What is your overall opinion on the design and mechanisms that make this gun?
The mechanism in these guns is fantastic, it’s robust and will age very well. I’ve had some come in that have had lots of use but show very few signs of wear. The game model is very nice to look at with nice wood choices and the sporter has options for adjustable triggers and ever-adjustable combs.

What advice would you give to buyers looking to buy this gun? Or people that may have one in their cabinet?

It’s a perfect all-rounder, slightly cheaper than their browning cousin but very much a highly regarded and well-built gun for anyone.

The older models can be very good buys too, but lots tended to come with short barrels which aren’t the flavour of the month but are just as capable as long barrels with the right choking.

We’d also recommend being mindful of the comb height as they can come slightly lower than what’s considered the norm.

Shooter Feedback

George – Part of the grounds team @ Ian Coley Sporting

We currently have an MK11 demo in the shop at work and so when I was invited on a friend’s family shoot and fancied taking something a bit ‘fancier’, I thought the MK11 was a cracking gun to shoot, it felt solid yet light in the hand, especially on those tricky early season partridge.

George said he had shot the right-handed 30” model, which accompanied some very pretty woodwork and engraving that definitely turned some heads in the field and was a great bit of fun for the money. Saying this, George also explained that at this price point, he’d have liked to see a palm swell come as a standard.

He also added “For all of those who shoot or own a Miroku, the Mk11 will make you feel right at home. The gun is well-made, looks the part, and is incredibly well-balanced. For me the looks must be my favourite part, it definitely made its presence known at elevens’s!”

More Shooter Feedback

@richardknight11 said “I shot an Mk11 at Orston Shooting Grounds Browning Opening Day and it shot really well. I liked how it handled, it was well-balanced, and when I shot this gun on the high pheasants, especially with the heavy loads. However, it was quite lively. Taking this into consideration I think it’s well overpriced when you start to compare other guns that are on offer in the market.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.