Bisley Manager, Permanent
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Manager
Location: Bisley in Surrey
William Evans (founded in 1883) an established industry leading heritage brand, involved in retailing premium guns and clothing, are recruiting for an outstanding Manager. The shop is situated at the National Shooting Centre at Bisley, Surrey GU24 0NY.
If you have a background in country sports, particularly shooting, which is essential, then we would like to hear from you.
The applicant must have extensive gunroom and management experience. Duties will include ordering merchandise, stock control, booking in and the maintaining of computer-based records and writing reports.
Key skills requirements are strong verbal and written communications. Ultimately your responsibility is to make the shop productive and profitable with the assistance of retail and gunroom staff.
Some of the standard daily tasks will include:
- Reporting to the Chairman on a regular basis
- Being responsible for processing and balancing cash and card payments
- Producing weekly accounts for the company accountant /liaising with head office
- Problem solving including dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Maximising profitability, meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation
- Job Appraisals
- Greeting customers and generating sales
- Answering the telephone and email enquiries
- Daily replenishment, stocking shelves and checking appropriate labelling
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hoovering and polishing
- Working within established corporate and brand guidelines
If you feel confident that you can fill this role, please email your CV firstname.lastname@example.org