Sealskinz All Weather Shooting Glove

First impressions:  4/5

The gloves have look and feel of a very high-quality product, the leather is supple and the stitching appears even and well applied. They slip onto your hands very easily and they appear very comfortable with the fingers fitting well without being restrictive.

Design, build and functionality 4/5

The palms of the gloves are made from soft sheepskin leather to give comfort and grip with the uppers and back being made from an elastane and nylon mix. The inners are lined with a product called coolmax which removes moisture away from the skin and improves evaporation. They are sold as 100% wind proof, water proof and breathable. They have a pre-curved finger form and magnetic fold-back trigger finger cover.

Field Test:  3/5

I wore these gloves on a number of occasions in a number of different weathers and discovered they performed pretty well in most conditions. The gloves are comfortable even when used for prolonged periods of use and they keep your hands warm and dry even in the most extreme of conditions. I really liked the way the cuffs are mid length and have elasticated fastening, this meant they stayed closed even when your arms were moving around. They one small issue was the fact that the fold-back trigger cover kept coming loose when you fired a number of shots in row or were moving around a lot. This was however partly resolved by loosening the glove on the trigger hand so it was not pulled up as tight on the wrist.

Value for Money 4/5

When you consider the materials, innovation and quality of these gloves the prices make sense, they are not cheap but do offer value for money. Their cheaper competitors often using synthetic leather or other cheaper materials and their more expensive comparisons relying on their brand name rather than necessarily a better product.

Overall 4/5

I have never really been a fan of shooting with gloves unless the weather is extremely cold as I feel you lose grip and dexterity. These gloves however partly changed my mind as the grip was excellent and so was the improved ability to remove the safety catch however the fold-back trigger cover did not work for me. To be fair to the review this is probably more of a personal preference/problem than a design issue. I can definitely recommend these gloves in terms of comfort, quality of materials, grip and ability to keep you dry and warm.

Specification:

• Shell: 92% Polyester, 8% Elastane;
  • Palm: 100% Sheepskin leather
  • Membrane: 100% Polyurethane
  • Lining: 50% Polyester, 50% Coolmax
  • 2 Year Waterproof Guarantee
  • Windproof
  • Breathable

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.