Caesar Guerini Tempio Light Review

This gun was built specifically for our ladies in shooting, who would ideally need something lightweight but also capable enough to do its job, and it wouldn’t be a lady’s gun without a special bit of engraving. The Tempio features a stunningly engraved action which is accompanied by a Schnabel forend and a Prince of Wales grip.

Overall, we would argue that this has got to be one of the best lady’s guns on the market.

Caesar Guerini Tempio Light Review

Specifications

Make – Caesar Guerini        

Model – Tempio Light

Calibre – 20 Gauge

Mechanism – Over & Under

Barrel – 30”

Chokes – Multi & Multi

caesar guerini
caesar guerini shotguns 
caesar guerini tempio light 
caesar guerini gun review 
gun review 
over and under 
over and under shotguns 
shotguns 
guns for sale

Dealer Feedback

Craig Hartley – Gunroom Manager at Barbury Gunroom

The Caesar Guerini Tempio light is a firm favourite for those who are looking for a robust reliable workhorse without the heft of a standard game or sporting gun. The best, and only real way to shave a lot of weight out of a gun is to trade the steel in for a high-grade aluminium which is what Caesar Guerini has done for Tempio Light. 

Aluminium action guns aren’t known for their longevity as a rule but this gun is still covered by Guerini’s 10-year action warranty which is always reassuring when a manufacturer backs their product so highly and ‘touch wood’… of all the Tempios we have sold we are yet to send one back for any work. 

Identical in looks to the standard Tempio the action (in-game spec) features delicate game scene engraving with gold inlaid partridges and pheasants, the wood set features a Prince of Wales grip and a Schnabel forend which has their distinctive push button release. 

The Tempio light is also available in Syren spec for ladies which features gold roses on the action instead of the game birds and a shorter Monte Carlo, a pistol-gripped stock which is one of the more popular guns in our lady’s range.  

In summary… they look pretty, shoot very well and you have peace of mind with Guerini’s warranty period and smashing customer service.

Calibres available – 12 – 20 – 28 – .410 

Gunsmith Feedback

Alistair Dawkes from Anglo-Italian Arms

What are the three main things that tend to go wrong with these guns? And why?

1. Being a lightweight gun, this particular model will mean that the user can suffer a greater amount of felt recoil. This is more apparent when the shooter is using heavier game loads which we suggest avoiding whenever using any lightweight model.
  2. This model is not designed for being on peg or clay shooting. It is primarily designed as a walked-up or rough shooting gun so that the user doesn’t suffer the fatigue of carrying a heavier gun throughout the day.
  3. The alloy action has an additional protective layer to protect the outer surfaces of the action from the elements. On inner bearing surfaces inside the action where there are areas of high pressure or metal-on-metal contact, this Nickel finish can tarnish. This is not unusual, and some users misconstrued this as an issue. Once the gun has undergone the bedding in process, this will settle, and the issue is never visible on the outer surface.

What should a buyer look for when looking at this gun?

1. The Tempio Light is one of the Caesar Guerini game gun range. Therefore, a prospective buyer should check if the gun still has its auto safety fitted, the stock length remains factory length (375mm) and the gun comes with the 5 flush fitting chokes.

What is your overall opinion on the design and mechanisms that make this gun?

When this model is used for its intended purpose, it performs faultlessly. It is designed for quick reaction shots in the field and not for shooting tens of thousands of clays. The internal mechanics are the same as they tried and tested the Caesar Guerini game gun range which is also covered by our ten-year mechanical warranty. When this model is combined with the right selection of cartridges there is no better choice for a shooter wanting a lightweight, more manageable field gun.

What advice would you give to buyers looking to buy this gun? Or people that have one in their cabinet other than the usual cleaning advice?

1. Whenever purchasing a used gun, we would always advise returning it to us for a service. Our three-year mechanical service will inspect all elements of the gun and replace any worn internal parts as necessary. When the gun is returned, it’ll feel like new once again and be warranted for three years giving the new owner peace of mind. If the gun is purchased new, we advise keeping the bearing & exterior surfaces oiled and following a common gun cleaning good practice.

Do you think this gun is fairly priced for what it offers you as a shooter?

Absolutely. It fits nicely in the market at a price point suitable for the product and the features it offers.

Shooter Feedback

Katie Webb – Digital Marketing Executive at Guntrader

What made you purchase this gun? Or shoot this gun if not owned?

The Tempio Light is one of the lady’s guns available at Barbury Gunroom and it so happens to be my local clay ground, and so during a visit to the shooting school, I asked for a gun that would be suitable. The Tempio Light was of course the gun given to me and I haven’t stopped shooting it since.

What did you like about the overall design, feel, and build of the gun?

After having a closer look at this gun, it was safe to say that Caesar Guerini have made a pretty gun with the right amount of gold inlay within the actions engraving. The Tempio Light is definitely one of the more solid and durable guns that I’ve shot but again without so much weight.

How would you describe the overall feeling when shooting the gun?

Personally, I love this gun and the confidence it gives me when shooting a round of clays. With the correct fitting and cartridge this gun could make someone very happy, I know it does me.

What would you recommend people keep on top of maintenance with this gun in particular?

A regular clean is always a necessity as well as a service.

Overall, this gun is one of my favourites to have learnt to shoot with. It fits, it does the job, and it looks good in the field and on the clay ground. When my license comes through this is 100% going to be one of the guns I consider purchasing!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.