Yildiz Pro Black Review

The Pro Sporter is one of the many competitions guns available in today’s market. This gun features a black steel action that enables enough weight to absorb recoil, with the consideration of the cartridges you’re using and how many clays you’ll be shooting on the day.

Available with multiple barrel lengths, a standard stock, or with an adjustable comb stock in a grade 4 walnut wood.

Again, all for a reasonable price!

Yildiz Pro Black Review

Specifications

Make Yildiz
Model Pro Black
Barrel 32″
Choke Multi & Multi
Condition New
yildiz shotguns
yildiz shotguns for sale 
yildiz pro black shotgun
yildiz pro black shotgun
yildiz
shotguns for sale 
yildiz shotgun review 
shotgun reviews 
shotguns reviews 
gun reviews 
over and under shotguns 
over and under shotgun reviews

Dealer Feedback

Lewis – Gunroom Manager at Sportarm At Lady’s Wood

The Yildiz Pro Black is a wonderful entry-level shotgun, so much so that many shooters are keeping or buying it as a second gun. Available with either grade 1, 3, or 4 Turkish walnuts as standard although other grades of woodwork can be specifically ordered, the Pro Black looks very similar and pays homage to a Perazzi action at a fraction of the price. The varying grade options mean that all budgets are catered for. They all come fitted with a rubber recoil pad, and multichoke’ s and are presented in a lockable hard case, the engraving is very subtle with only a border and “Yildiz Pro” featured on the sides of the action, and they have a single selective trigger and are available in 12 and 20 bore both multi choked barrels. This model looks and feels fantastic for the price and can be supplied as an elegant game gun or sporter which has a fuller grip, wider rib, and adjustable comb.

Gunsmith Feedback

Tom HickmanGunsmith at J. Roberts & Son

What are the three main things that tend to go wrong with these guns?

The first issue is normally the finish on the stock fails, the forends, around the hand, and where the face sits on the comb. They tend to use pale wood, so they stain it but don’t seal the colour properly. I should also mention that the safeties can be a bit slack and need adjusting and like most Turkish guns they can be a bit funny with 21-gram loads, I think they test with 28-gram loads as that tends to be used internationally more than light loads.

What should a buyer look for when looking at this gun?

A buyer should look for bad light patches in the stocks or signs of the finish failing, as well as cracks at the back of the tang running backward into the chequering.

Lastly, the blacking on the action is whole and not worn off.

What is your overall opinion on the design and mechanisms that make this gun? 

It’s a copy of a Perazzi, they’re short and squat actions and have a nice balanced feel, and the insides are copied too. The metalwork is softer inside and has a lack of finishing touch, but they work well and have proven to be hard enduring.

What advice would you give to buyers looking to buy this gun? Or people that have one in their cabinet other than the usual cleaning advice? 

I’d be mindful of stock dimensions like all new guns, and make sure it’s checked before purchase, sometimes the excitement of a new gun could make you overlook the specifics, they’re proving to be very popular and are selling in big numbers. I think the stocks could be refined more as they do feel a bit lumpy in places, some people have found them bulky and sluggish.

Do you think this gun is fairly priced for what it offers you as a shooter?

I think this gun is good value, it’s as close to a Perazzi as possible, standing the two together you may even confuse them, they share the same feel in the shoulder but lack the quality feel of a Perazzi, they can come with comb raisers which for certain shooters is a real benefit, multi choke as standard I believe which again is a very good selling point, also high-performance steel shot proof (with the right multi chokes in). So, they’re popular for good reason, I think with a little more finesse they could be an even bigger seller.

Shooter Feedback

Morgan Riley

What made me buy this gun?

It offered really great value for money as a more serious sporting gun, the adjustable comb, decent-sized palm swell, nice balance, and low-profile action aren’t normally available on guns in the £1200-£2000 bracket. The value for money of the gun compared to a Beretta 686 or Browning 525 is really so much better. I was also a fan of the fact it does have a thinner top rib compared to most sporting guns which I personally prefer. To get something comparable to the two big ‘B’ brands would mean spending far more. Admittedly wood finish on the gun isn’t as good as a beretta or browning, there’s a lot of open grain however over time using truoil this has gotten better. The metal work in my opinion is very good, however, the finish on the ribs is a little rough.

What would I liked to have known before purchasing the gun?

I would have liked to have known that it was a little short in the stock for me and that the comb isn’t the best to adjust as no shims are included. This is obviously some of the features that make it more affordable but are a little frustrating when you buy the gun and want to get it adjusted right away.

What did I like about the overall design, feel, and build of the gun?

The gun looks great in my opinion, the grade 5 wood on mine is very attractive, the black action has a pleasing tone, and the tessellated ribs are very nice. The boss action also makes it seem like a more premium gun and has a great feel when opening and closing the gun, a very solid feeling. The palm swell fits me really well and after fitting a larger aftermarket pad the length of pull is good for me too. I do really like the London style forend, it’s a nice fairly slender feel and is similar in feel to a Blaser f16. I also really like the thinner top rib, as someone who shot more game guns this makes me feel more familiar and I find a wide rib somewhat distracting.

How would I describe the overall feeling when shooting the gun?

Really very pleasant, I’ve had it for 1.5 years now and it is by far my favourite gun, I used to use a separate gun for game and clays, however, now this is my only gun. The felt recoil is negligible, I have had the comb fitted by a professional and had a kickeeze pad fitted which certainly helps, but the weight of the 30” barrels and a good beefy stock helps a lot too. The palm swell and forend really helps me feel connected to the gun and move it as an extension of me.

What would I recommend people to keep on top of maintenance with this gun in particular?

The end of the muzzle always seems to get fouling on the outside, and the finish of the ribs is a little thin and rough so keeping these well-oiled is a must. Also, the wood finish feels thin, and the grain is a little open so plenty of regular oil to get this up to scratch.

This represents amazing value for money, and I think if you are looking for a clay gun, perhaps your second or first one, then this is what I would 100% recommend, I personally think it offers far more than Beretta’s/Browning’s offerings at the same price. However, I do think that if you don’t like maintaining a gun then this poor wood finish will make you regret this gun, you do need to be happy to work on it.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.