Caesar Guerini Forum Review

Caesar Guerini Forum Review

The Caesar Guerini Forum features a hand-engraved side plate which is accompanied by a Prince of Wales grip, a rounded forend, and a solid top game rib & autosafe.

Upon purchase, this gun offers 10 mechanical warranty and is available in multiple calibres. Not only do these guns look and feel exceptionally beautiful, but they also feature high-performance ‘superior steel’ proof barrels. Providing its owner with beauty and great efficiency.

caesar guerini
caesar guerini forum 
caesar guerini shotguns 
caesar guerini forum review
shotguns for sale 
gun review 
over and under shotguns

Specifications

Make Caesar Guerini
Model Forum
Orientation Right Handed
Barrel 30″”
Stock 14″ 7/8
Choke Multi & Multi
Condition New

Dealer Feedback

Alastair – Gunroom Manager at The Royal Berkshire Shooting School

The Forum model was originally the top model that they had in the range. It was perfectly timed to the market when so many game shooters were looking to transition from SxS to OU. With a side plate that is engraved with a very English-looking scroll and a high grade of Turkish walnut for the stock and forend – it looks very at home in the field. The gun looks fantastic, especially at the price. They have found a good formula between, look, weight, and price point. When it comes to the handling, I have found that the majority tend to be a little weight forward when it comes to the balance of the gun. This is well suited to a shooter that combines clay and driven game.

I am a fan!

Gunsmith Feedback

Tom – Gunsmith at J. Roberts & Son

What are the three main things that tend to go wrong with these guns? And why? 

As usual, these guns can be fussy on 21-gram light loads, however, this can be regulated but can be detrimental on hefty loads and can lead to double discharges. They have a beautifully crosscut top rib but on a hot or wet day this can scrape moisture off the hand and then rust very quickly if not cleaned thoroughly, also hard to-function safety catches, this is due to hard bearing service or too stronger spring. 

What should a buyer look for when looking at this gun? 

They come with lovely engraving and grip caps, sometimes they have little gold accents these will go dull or rub off if they’ve had a fair bit of use. Same as any other gun, the chequering being worn or excessive wear on the stock finish showing lots of use, they do tend to age very well so could be a sign of neglect. 

What is your overall opinion on the design and mechanisms that make this gun?

I like them but they often come with low combs and old-style stock dimensions, and I’ve had to alter the measurements for the more modern mount styles. Although, there is no denying they’re very pretty and look the part anywhere. The mechanisms work well and are pretty bulletproof. My only gripe is that the safety catches are finished rather smoothly which I can imagine on a cold or wet day it can be easy to slip off the safety when aiming at your target.

What advice would you give to buyers looking to buy this gun? Or people that have one in their cabinet other than the usual cleaning advice? 

They’re a solid choice for game and clay shooters. They come cased with multi chokes and an option on barrel length, the 32’ barrels do feel a bit lumpy, and the off-balance 30’ is a nicer feel overall, but that’s down to the individual. They come with a nice selection of wood too. I think they certainly have their positives but have often been considered overpriced by some of our customers.  

Do you think this gun is fairly priced for what it offers you as a shooter?

Yes, although for the same price, they’re in amongst some big-name guns such as Perazzi, Beretta, etc.  They’ve been around 20-odd years and have built a pretty decent reputation, but people are often put off by the name not being so well known. They make a very pretty gun that does feel good and works well.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.